Monday, July 6, 2009

I had the time of my liiiife...


In 1999, when I was a freshman at Texas A&M, I decided to go through rush. I didn't really think much of it... my mom had been in a sorority and had had a really good experience and it just felt like the natural thing to do. After a looooong week of standing in alphabetical lines outside of multiple houses in the HOT August sun, I was ready for the week to be over. At the end of all of the madness I was given a bid to be a Pi Beta Phi. Little did I know then how it would change my life.


I met some of the most incredibly fun and absolutely hilarious friends I know and have always appreciated how grounded, down-to-earth, smart and generous they all are. We had a blast in college and have just as much fun now. Out of the six of us who have stayed super close, five of us live in Austin. We see each other as much as possible and always have fun just the girls or with our husbands too. Thankfully they are all golf-obsessed, so it's makes the planning easy.





Bid Day our Senior Year



Sophomore Year Fire Dance



`
Rush our Junior Year



Wedding Shower for Bradley in Austin at TRog's parents' house

Wedding Shower for Ryan and me at Laura's House in Austin


Bradley's Wedding in Dallas 2006

My Wedding in Houston 2007





Couples Weekend in Austin last summer at Bradley's House

Meeting Laura's second baby- Miss Kate



It seemed obvious to the six of us that we would need to do it up BIG in order to celebrate our "Decade of Friendship" (like, making t-shirts big). So... after lots of researching and lots and lots and lots of emails back and forth, we found an all-inclusive trip to the Riviera Maya. We had so much fun during our 5 days of reading by the pool, eating breakfast, lunch, a crepe or two and then dinner and just getting to talk and hang out.


Arriving in Cancun




Bradley, LMerc, TheLoj, Trog, Lynch (me) and Reams




At the Beach

Dinner at one of the WONDERFUL restaurants

Our nightly routine of playing games


I am so thankful for the friendship that I have with each of these girls. I'm so blessed to have such a great support system in them. The Lord certainly knew what he was doing when he put us all together our freshman year in college. We've been laughing and crying together for about 10 years straight, and I know there will be many more fun times to come.
Love you girls!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute post! And cute flashback pics! We look like BABIES!! It was tons of fun and I think it might need to be an annual event rather than every decade! XOXO

kristin fulghum said...

so stinkin' fun! you girls are so precious.

annalee said...

i'm so glad you got to go have the time of your lives together again!

Anonymous said...

Two questions are now begged:
-Did you take the Century of Friendship and each read a portion aloud?
-Will you submit a photo to the Arrow?