Friday, July 24, 2009

Chronicles of the Kings Series

A big shout out to my friend Jamie for introducing me to the author Lynn Austin. She let me borrow the first book in her series Chronicles of the Kings, and I got really sucked in. I read the second book in about a day and I'm currently reading the third.

They are about the reigns of some of the kings in the Old Testament. She uses scripture to develop the plot and adds story lines and lots of dialogue to fill in the rest- kind of like Redeeming Love, but with closer ties to the characters.

If you're in search of a good summer read, I would highly recommend these. I can't vouch for books four or five, but the first three are really, really good! And, I feel like I've learned a lot about the Old Testament!

Happy Summer Reading!








P.S. I also just finished reading "The Devil in the Junior League" and although I can't make even one comparison between it and this series, I loved it. It's so, so funny! ... a total beach read!

1 comment:

Jamie Lapeyrolerie said...

Holler! I have to re-read them!