Monday, November 8, 2010

Making the Switch

Over at our house we're making a switch that we hope will save us some moola in the long run. They're great for the environment too, but I'd be lying if I told you that was my primary motivation.


We started with these while we got some baby care basics figured out- feeding, sleeping, etc.





And, for the last 4ish days, we've made the change to the BumGenius Elemental All-in-one diapers. They have been super easy so far. I picked this particular brand and style after reading this blog post





Does anyone else out there use these? And, do you have any tricks of the trade?

3 comments:

ang said...

p.s. I LOVE LOVE LOVE "Young House Love". It's like a DIY heaven. How did you find it?

Can't wait to hear how the cloth diapers work out! Seems mine back in the day weren't quite so sohpisticated. Is it weird that they're now dust rags? :)

Elicia said...

I've been cloth diapering since Lily came home from the hospital. I love it. It is really easy! I use Bum Genius AIO along with pockets (with hemp inserts at night as the BG's aren't enough.)

Jennifer said...

I don't use them, but if I was a SAHM this was going to be my first choice. But darn, the daycare won't let us use them, so we are a Pampers family.