Thursday, August 20, 2009

East Coast Yay Yay

Ryan and I had such a fun trip to South Carolina last week. The Assuntos have a family friend who let us stay at his house on the beach, and it was amazing. The house was super nice, the beach was gorgeous, the restaurants were delicious, and we really enjoyed the down time.

While we were there we visited the Citadel. This was really cool for me because some of my family graduated from there.

The house was located on a great spot on Folly Beach. The view was very South Carolina-ish, and we had so much fun hanging out on the deck playing cards and reading.


Ryan played a couple rounds of golf that spread into the three days because of some rain, and I rode along in the cart with him. The courses were really beautiful. It made me want to play golf, and nothing has ever made me want to do that before!



We had a lot of fun hanging around Folly Beach. We ate at some great places and loved just getting to ride around town on bikes. I for sure almost fell like 6 times. It's been awhile....


And, probably one of the best parts of our trip, were the restaurants. If you've ever been to the Charleston area, you know what I'm talking about. We ate at so many good places. We meant to go out for a big, fancy dinner, but every place was so good, we got burned out and had to eat Mexican food for a break... Fat kids!!!
On Friday when we got back, we landed at the Houston airport at 2:30pm, and we needed to be back in Austin as quickly as possible. Ryan's best friend Thomas got married on Saturday and his rehearsal was at 4:30pm that Friday. So, we rushed back as quickly as possible- didn't make the the rehearsal, but we got to the dinner right on time.
The next night was the wedding, and the whole Assunto clan had a blast. Ta da!!!



And now it's back to school....

3 comments:

CN said...

It looks like a fabulous trip and ending to your summer. My parents went to that wedding?! Small world... I hope school is going well. I miss you!

Katie Norwood said...

The dress you wore to the wedding is ADORABLE!! Where did you get it? I mean, everything you wear is adorable, but I'm pretty sure I want to buy that dress and that necklace today!!

kristin fulghum said...

sounds fun to me! miss you guys.