Saturday, September 12, 2009

My new love

Well, I've always liked it but, lately, I have begun to L-O-V-E sushi! I've made friends with the guys at our local HEB who make it fresh there daily, and it's made me and my budget really happy.
However, if you live in Austin or are visiting, Ryan and I discovered a great place this week on Colorado between 2nd and 3rd that has a great happy hour- lots of rolls for $5, $8 and $10. It's called Yu, and I would highly recommend it. I've actually been to their happy hour twice this week!
You could get a one of these....

and maybe one of these for dessert...

Happy sushi-ing!

3 comments:

Kate said...

You need to go to Koi in the Triangle. Jo and I go there lots because it's awesome. We went to Yu about a month ago and think the rolls at Koi are WAY better. And it's a little cheaper than most sushi places and they have good discounts during happy hour.

mrs. youngster said...

Yum! Thanks for posting. I, too, have a love affair with sushi and am glad to know that your local HEB carries it. Ours on Burnet does not, so I'll be heading north to your HEB next time my craving hits!

KD said...

Have you been to Maki? It's in the Arbor Walk shopping center. (off of mopac with DSW and Joanns) You get to make your own roll. Well, you don't make it, the person working there makes it- but you pick out what you want! fun!